The Missouri Gamma Chapter of Pi Beta Phi is one of four sororities at Drury University.
- Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women was founded as I.C. Sorosis on April 28, 1867, at Monmouth College in Monmouth, IL. The name was officially changed to Pi Beta Phi in 1888.
- 12 amazing women founded this Fraternity because the word "sorority" had not been coined in 1867 when Pi Phi was founded.
- Our official symbol is the golden arrow.
- The Pi Phi Flower is the wine carnation.
- Pi Beta Phi colors are wine and silver blue.
- Our unofficial mascot is the angel.
- Our suite in Freeman Hall was renovated in the Spring of 2019 and now has a modern-rustic feel that is perfect for study dates, hang outs, meetings and so much more!
Awards & Accomplishments
As a Pi Beta Phi tradition, we constantly work toward our very best, as individuals and a long-standing presence on campus.
University awards: We are proud to be recognized as an outstanding chapter on Drury's campus. We were honored by our university with the Panther Service Cup for the 5th year in a row. We also had 13 girls earn Pi Society status, 19 girls appear on the Dean's list, and 7 girls with 4.0 GPAs.
A letter to the parents
You have been her guide through childhood and have watched your daughter grow into a beautiful young woman. Watch her as she continues to grow as a member of the Pi Beta Phi Fraternity. Pi Beta Phi offers many opportunities for growth and leadership during your daughter's years as a collegian. The friendships she makes will last a lifetime, and the leadership skills will benefit her in every aspect of her life.
As a member of Pi Beta Phi, your daughter will receive friendship, companionship, scholastic assistance and leadership training. She will be an essential link in a historically rich fraternity founded by remarkable women whose achievements were ahead of their time. Your daughter will have the opportunity to be a part of Pi Phi's literacy philanthropies. Your daughter will belong to an organization with high ideals and purposes, whose keynote is friendship - warm, simple and sincere.
There are several opportunities for parents to become involved in the Pi Phi experience! Our Pi Phi Parents Club sponsors several events throughout the year, including Parent Weekends and Scholarship Banquet. Activities for Pi Phi moms and dads are a great way for parents to stay involved in the collegiate experience while building relationships with other Pi Phi parents and continuing to bond with your daughter.
Mo Gamma Angels